Sharon has worked with many high-tech startups and has developed the companies’ business strategies, business plans, and investor pitches. Many of these startups were located in the Long Island High Technology Incubator or in a VC-funded incubator. This experience has given Sharon a broad understanding of the legal and business requirements needed to commercialize technology.
IP Asset Development and Management
- Business and IP strategy advice
- Development and prosecution of patent and trademark applications
- Management of international patent and trademark portfolios
- Analysis of patent, copyright, and trademark infringement issues
- Negotiation and drafting of IP licensing agreements, asset purchase agreements, software development agreements, employment agreements, and confidentiality agreements
- Patent litigation support
- Of Counsel at Campolo, Middleton, & McCormick, LLC
- In-house IP Attorney at Canrock Ventures, Inc.
- In-house IP Attorney at Sound Interventions, Inc.
- Director of Operations at Millennial Materials and Devices, Inc.
- Founder and CEO at QB Sonic, Inc.
- Adjunct Professor at Stony Brook University School of Business
- Adjunct Professor at Touro Law Center
- Electrical Engineer at AIL Corp., Deer Park, NY
- Advisor to Stony Brook University College of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Stony Brook University, MBA summa cum laude 2014
- Touro Law Center, J.D. cum laude 2011; Law Review
- University of Maryland, B.S. in Electrical Engineering 1984
Admitted to Practice
- New York State
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- IP Protection, presented at Canrock Ventures Labs. Jan. 2012.
- IP Protection, presented at Clean Energy Business Incubator Program. Oct. 2012.
- Impact of America Invents Act, presented at Canrock Ventures Labs. Jan. 2013.
- Innovate and Protect, presented at Campolo Middleton & McCormick Business Seminar. April 2013.
- Impact of America Invents Act, presented at Accelerate Long Island Entrepreneurs’ Workshop. July 2013.
- Representing Startups, presented at American Intellectual Property Law Association Spring Meeting in Seattle Washington. May 2013.
- Representing Startups, presented at CLE Webinar for American Intellectual Property Law Association. Nov. 2013.
- IP Protection as a Barrier to Entry, presented to MBA class at Stony Brook University. April 2014.
- Personality in the Workplace, presented to Engineering class at Stony Brook University. Sept. 2015; Feb. 2016; and Sept. 2016.
- Women in Engineering, presented at Steel Toes and Stilettos Panel Discussion at Stony Brook University. Nov. 2015.
- Business Professionals Working with Technology, presented at Global Innovation Team Professional Panel Discussion at Stony Brook University. April 2016.
- Technology: Not Just for Techies, Tangible Ways Businesses Use Technology to Grow, presented to Women Economic Developers of Long Island. October 2016.